01691 778769 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- “Veterinary Tissue Bank” means Veterinary Tissue Bank, a company limited by guarantee in England and Wales under number 6795761 with its registered offices at Unit 3, The Long Barn, Brynkinalt Business Park, Chirk, Wrexham LL14 5NS
- "Website" means www.vtbank.org or www.petdonor.org any other website under Veterinary Tissue Bank’s ownership or control from which a link has been created to these Terms and Conditions.
- "You", "your" and "yours" means the person(s) accessing the Website.
- "We", "us" and "our" means Veterinary Tissue Bank.
- "Material" means any information, data, text, graphics, links, programming code or other material published, contained or available on the Website.
- “Terms and Conditions” means the terms and conditions set out below, including where applicable, the Registration Terms and Conditions (defined below).
Changes to the Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time. Please check back regularly because the amended Terms and Conditions will apply to your continued use of the Website. Certain provisions may be extended or superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages of the Website.
Contacting us about our Terms and Conditions
If you are uncertain about anything in these Terms and Conditions please send an email to email@example.com, or write to us at the above address.
The Website is intended for people accessing it from within the United Kingdom. We cannot guarantee the site or the information it contains complies with or is appropriate for use in other countries.
Material on the Website
Material on the Website is provided “as is” and for information purposes only. Whilst every care is taken in compiling the information on the Website we do not make any warranties or representations as to its accuracy or reliability. We may make changes to the Material on the Website at any time without notice. Certain information on the Website may contain typographical or other errors or be out of date, and we make no commitment to update such information. We and any third parties referred to on the Website assume no responsibility for how you use the information provided through the Website.
Veterinary medical information
Any veterinary medical information referred to in or through this Website is given for information purposes only and it is not intended to constitute professional advice for veterinary diagnosis or treatment, to replace consultation with a qualified veterinary practitioner, or to advocate or recommend the purchase of any product or to endorse or guarantee the credentials or appropriateness of any health care provider.
Where we provide hypertext links to other websites, we do so for information purposes only. We are not responsible for the content of any other websites or pages linking to or from our Website. We have not verified the content of any such websites and links to other websites do not imply any endorsement of the material on those Websites. If you choose to follow links to other websites you do so at your own risk. It is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against viruses or other destructive elements.
Use of the Website and Copyright
You may access, view and print copies of Material contained in the non-password protected parts of the Website as long as you comply with these Terms and Conditions and:
- you use the Material for information purposes and for your non-commercial, personal use only;
- all copyright, trade mark and other proprietary notices are kept on the Material; and
- you do not modify, reproduce, display, distribute the Material or perform the Material for any public use without prior written consent from Veterinary Tissue Bank.
Whilst we try to ensure that the Website is normally available 24 hours a day, we shall not be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. Access to the Website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond our control.
Neither we, nor any other party involved in creating, producing, maintaining or delivering the Website, will be liable for any amount or kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party including without limitation any loss of income, profits, goodwill, data, contracts, use of money, or loss or damages arising from or connected in any way to business interruption, whether in tort, contract or otherwise (including without limitation negligence) in connection with: your use, inability to use or the results of use of the Website, any websites linked to the Website or the material on such websites; or any amount or kind of loss or damage including without limitation any loss or damage due to viruses that may infect your computer equipment, software, data, or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing the Website or your downloading of any Material from the Website or any websites linked to the Website.
In so far as we are able, we exclude all liability for all direct, indirect, punitive or consequential loss or damage which arises out of or in connection with the use of the Website.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence (as such term is defined by the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977, fraud, or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter.
If your use of the Website results in the need for servicing, repair or correction of your equipment, software or data, you assume all costs of this.
Privacy and Data Protection
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and any dispute arising from these Terms and Conditions or your use of the Website shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Registration Terms and Conditions
- A "Registered User" is a person who, subject to the Terms and Conditions, has submitted personal data and agreed to register as a Registered Pet Tissue Donor.
- A “Registered Pet Tissue Donor” is a pet owner who has agreed to their personal information and those of their pet to be held on a database at Veterinary Tissue Bank, and to carry a “pet donor card”. Registered Pet Tissue Donors also agree to discuss pet tissue donation with an attending veterinary surgeon at the time of their pet’s death or euthanasia.
- “Your Veterinary Surgeon” is the veterinary surgeon or veterinary practice at which your pet is registered.
- "Your Content" is any and all the content submitted or uploaded by Registered Users, including names, images, photographs, video clips, biographical information, text, logos, marks and any other information and materials.
Before you are able to register you must read through these Registration Terms and Conditions. To register you need to provide a verifiable e.mail address, complete the required fields on the registration form and read and accept these Registration Terms and Conditions. Once you have done this we will contact you with your registration information and your pet tissue donor card.
Registration to be a Registered User is void where prohibited. Our pet tissue donor register is solely for owners aged 18 and over. Any registration by anyone under 18 years of age shall be unauthorised, unlicensed and in violation of these Registration Terms and Conditions. By using the Donor Register you warrant that: all registration information you submit is truthful and accurate; you will maintain the accuracy of this information; your use does not violate any applicable law or regulation; and you are 18 years of age or older. We reserve the right to terminate your registration without warning if we believe that you are under 18 years of age.
Submission of Content
As a Registered User you may submit your personal information to the Website as long as you comply with our content standards and these Terms and Conditions.
- You guarantee that personal information:
- does not contain any information about any person(s) under the age of 18;
- does not contain malicious code, viruses or other harmful programmes or material;
- does not violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance, rule or regulation.
Consequences of Registration
By registering as a Registered Pet Tissue Donor you agree for us to contact you and issue a pet donor card to you. In addition, if you give us permission, we will write to your veterinary practice and request that they make a note on your pet’s medical record that you have registered your pet as a potential tissue donor. Your veterinary surgeon will then have the option to discuss tissue donation with you at the time of your pet’s death. You will still need to give fully-informed consent at that time and you can opt out of tissue donation at any time. In addition, if you e.mail or write to us you can remove your pet from the Pet Donor Register at any time.
Unfortunately, not all potential donors are suitable for donation, usually due to medical reasons. All donors are screened by the veterinary surgeon and Veterinary Tissue Bank’s veterinary medical director; safety of the recipient is, of course, of paramount importance.
Our principle means of communication with you will be mainly electronic. We will contact you by email. You agree to electronic communications and acknowledge that all contact, notice and other communication that we provide electronically comply with any requirement that they must be in writing. This does not affect your statutory rights.